Menu
block860
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box losing internet daily

Every night the V6 box in my living room loses connection to the internet, when ok we get the spinning circle with number percentage for the program to start playing again. My wife has used all her mobile data up while being sat in the house as wi-fi is unreliable, been like this for weeks, also upstairs V6 box hasn't been able to connect to downstairs box and watch recorded items for months, pls send me updated router and an engineer if that fails, had problem before with too many people using virgin in my area

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box losing internet daily

On all your V6, can you follow..

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

What is reported in the top-right corner?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
block860
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello and thanks for the reply, at the min the living room V6 says im connected with 75% signal (as expected) just like to say I know abit about tech and built my own PC's and had many  routers and I'm confident to go into the router settings and set up static IP etc, also can see on front of V6 box when it's lost connection to the internet.. seen this before  and think it's over utilisation in my area

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Whoah, we're a long way from even wondering if this is overutilisation!!

If the V6 is flashing the "lost connection" icon, this means the V6 <---> Hub connection is lost, that's an entirely different part of the jigsaw to the Hub <---> internet connection.

When you next see the flashing "lost connection" icon, check the network connection screen then - and see what it reports.

Do you have a BQM setup on your broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
block860
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Today's recordings are out of sync while chatting etc, reboot sorted it for now, I've not set up bqm but will look into it more when I have time , thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos