Menu
GT10
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box loses connection

• Hello, 
  • We have just moved to another property taking VM with us. Tried a self install but the hub would not connect so engineer came and changed hub. Apparently he set up the TV box but now after a few minutes it flicks off to orange light and "starting up" screen. Over and over. I have managed to get into setting and connect to VM which says successful. I have also reset the box from help settings. Unplugged everything on many occasions to restart but same issue. 
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box loses connection

A V6 that won't startup has a problem and you may need to call in to get that sorted, but.....

V6 boxes don't have an internet connection and get this via your homehub - incase your box is trying to go online to download any software etc, how is your V6 connected to your homehub?

An amber light can often mean not all connections are present.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
GT10
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The V6 box is connected to the hub via the supplied ethernet cable. No problems with the hub.

How can I get virgin engineer back to have a look? The customer service is awful, assuming the turning off and on again will solve all problems. I have done this a dozen times. Running tests from the virgin end shows up fine but the box still keeps cutting out after a couple of minutes. 

Virgin please contact me! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you want to speak to Virgin, the quickest way is to call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos