Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box keeps restarting

I've had this problem for well over a year now. 

The V6 box just stops in the middle of a programme and restarts it probably happens twice a day if it's on all day. Once if we just watch tv in the evening.

I've read multiple topics on this problem from other users and have tried various recommended 'fixes' but am yet to find a solution. 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box keeps restarting

Assuming you power supply is stable (have you tried a different socket?), have you called it in as a fault? What did they say?
At the very least you should ask for a new power supply/lead - if that doesnt sort it I would want a replacement.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can't understand why you have waited for that length of time, why didn't you phone when it first happened, you are paying for a service which includes free engineers call outs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've read multiple reports that engineers visits haven't fixed the issue for other people so have just lived with it rather than wait in for an engineer and take time off of work for the appointment.

I will give them a call next week. I just wondered if there's a simple fix that someone on here knows, that I'm not aware of. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is no simple fix otherwise it would have been posted. If its not an electrical fault (your socket or V6 power supply) its most likely to be a faulty box that needs replacing. They will just replace it for free.
Do that and see if it sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll try that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

An engineer came out while I was on leave this week and replaced the box. 

It hasn't reset since so fingers crossed this is the fix. 

For those experiencing the same, the engineer stated that 9 times out of 10 it is a problem with the box itself and replacing it will fix the issue. 

If the box is replaced and it still happens, they look at power sources as there may be an issue with the power lead, plug or socket. 

0 Kudos