Menu
Itsyvonne01
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

V6 box keeps rebooting

My V6 box keeps rebooting and it won't go further than the welcome screen. My broadband is excellent. I have tried swapping hdmi leads, turning off & on,leaving the box off overnight, turning off the router etc, the lights on the box are either just amber or flicking on and off. I cannot get to the help screen as it stays on welcome screen. I have tried to phone Virgin, email etc. I'm at my wits end now, also I've just increased my package. Help 🤔🤪

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box keeps rebooting

Hi Itsyvonne01,

Sorry to see you are having problems with your V6.

Looking at other posts on the forums this is a possible solution.

You could try a hard reset, but beware as doing that will delete any recordings and series links you may have set up.

Turn off with the rocker switch at the back of the box.

Hold the + and standby buttons together and then turn the box on and wait till you see the welcome screen again. Hopefully this time it continues past the welcome screen and allows you access again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Itsyvonne01
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box keeps rebooting

Hi thanks for the quick reply, I tried the way you suggested but now it's stuck on starting up screen!!! 

0 Kudos
Itsyvonne01
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Book an engineer

Hi, my Virgin box isn't working, I've now had no TV for a week. I've tried every way to get in touch with someone at virgin, last resort I was sent to this forum, a couple of people have tried to help resolve the issue but to no avail. The box does not work, I've tried everything, I just want an engineer to come out or a new box sent to me. This is getting ridiculous. Thanks 😤😡😔

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Book an engineer

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone) Calling at 08.00 midweek is the best time - although people on here are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Itsyvonne01
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick reply, I've tried the phone number and it eventually sends me to this forum. Service status checks show that everything is fine but its not the box is broken. I shall try the text number. Thanks once again. Have a good day 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK one last dice roll... As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that might give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just one or a few customers.

If nothing shows there then the problem is in the V6 or its local connection - that needs VM to investigate

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Itsyvonne01
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the quick response but my broadband is showing as excellent!! I don't have a virgin mobile. The V6 is not connecting to the WiFi, it only stays on the welcome screen or sometimes it stays on starting up screen, that's it, it doesn't do anything else. I don't have a freeview TV so can't watch anything not even my Netflix, I've been using a tablet to watch telly 🤔🙄🙈🏡😤

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ahhh - you are connecting the V6 by wifi - that might be the root cause if the signal at the V6 is "poor" or variable it may have just dropped and not reconnected - worth a look.

How close to the Hub is the V6? Can you connect it on an Cat5e or better ethernet cable (just temporarily to test) and see if it works ok then.

Also if you press Home>Help>Settings>Network>Connection - what does it report in there about the quality of the connection, % signal strength, last connection etc. Then drop to the option to "connect now" to remake the connection and see what happens - you may have to find/reselect your VM wifi network and input password again.

Report back.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Itsyvonne01
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have no home screen to get any help 😞

0 Kudos