Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 box keeps rebooting itself

The box powers on with the welcome screen but once it begins to show the tv guide or any channels it instantly blacks out and reboots. I have unplugged everything and reinserted, also tried different HDMI cables. I also used the virgin media “diagnose your problem and fix” but to no avail. 

Any other ideas? Or am I in need of a new box?

(I am hoping Virgin can turn this around fast given we can now opt out of contract due to the new price hike but let’s see how customer services deal with this first!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box keeps rebooting itself

Hi Markb123,

Sorry to hear that your V6  box keeps rebooting itself and understand that it's frustrating.

Using information on here, I have checked your area and can see that there is an SNR outage with an estimated fix time of 04/09/19 @ 0900.

Our team is working hard on a fix and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Lisa

We are working as hard as we can to fix this, however due to the complexities of the issue its taking us a little longer than normal.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lisa. 

Heres hoping it gets fixed as it’s been down since 30-8-19

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know that this outage is not showing up in the service status on the website. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Not all outages will show up on the service status checker however I can provide you the ticket F007366040.

We are working as hard as we can to fix this, however due to the complexities of the issue its taking us a little longer than normal. Once the outage has been resolved, please reboot your V6 box and let us know if you experience further issues and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa 

the 4th sept 09:00 has passed and my box is still glitching. Is it still an SNR issue? ( service checker says there are no faults in my area). 

Or is it time for a new box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The V6 box has now started to make a loud sound on start up like something is shorting inside. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Thank you for coming back to us with an update, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your V6 box.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look further into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul but have phoned up customer service today and a new box is on its way. 

M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the update, really glad to hear this, let us know if you need any further help.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos