Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box installation.

After reporting my TiVo box for constant pixellation I was advised that it was faulty and needed replacing with a V6 box. As my TV is in a different room from my internet connection and router I queried this and was assured that it would work on wi-fi which is contrary to what I have read on these posts. Any advise would be helpful please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box installation.

The V6 will work on WiFi for its networking back to Virgin Media - as long as it also has the coax connection.

Some of the other posts are whether it's a WiFi only device, which it isn't.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As they are posting the new box out, would I need an engineer to install it?. I am 80 yrs of age now but not sure about the connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Getting it installed would be the wise move as the V6 MUST be connected to the Hub - as Ben says this can be by wifi (although ethernet cable is still the best option) - but there are quite a few examples on here where the wifi signal can be problematic at the V6 location - so it's best to have an "expert" there to check it.
Also, my experience of having V6's installed and set up, is that it is a longish process - up to 1/2 hour to set itself up after connection. VM techies have a busy schedule and often say... "its ok now I will leave it to finish up on its own and move on".
I would say "no - please wait till it is up and demonstrably working ok" - and dont sign the "i'm satisfied" paperwork until it is and you are.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, I will try to contact again to see if an engineer can be arranged.

0 Kudos