Can anyone help. I have been ringing 150 all day long with no luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box instalation error msg

Hi ady52,

I'm sorry you are having issues. It's doing that because the box hasn't been activated yet.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have called 150 and when I go the the activation option, it says I have already been activated. I am an existing customer, its a replacement box, could new accounts still help?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again ady55,

I'm sorry the activation line hasn't been able to help. Have you tried rebooting the equipment again?

If that doesn't work then I'm sorry but you should try the new accounts option, they may be able to tweak the systems to activate the box, and if they can't then they should be able to order either a replacment box or engineer visit.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It looks like the box may be faulty, an engineer is going to come out. Thanks for your helpful suggestions Dave
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Online error code help at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s102 also confirms - this isn't necessarily an activation error but is likely account related.

It's not guaranteed to work, but I've seen some success with another (closeby) error code... Switch your box off, unplug the white cable from the back, then switch back on again. Wait for it to get stuck on 16%, then reconnect the cable.

Please post back either way, after trying this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos