cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box freezing

Sandrah
Superfast

My V6 box keeps freezing on playback and freezing on live TV, I'm having to reboot all time, this time it's not loading at all it's stuck on 33% I've rebooted three times and it's still stuck, so cant watch any TV

8 REPLIES 8

Sandrah
Superfast

It's just give me error code [S102}

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The S102 error can be due to a number of things.

Is anything reported on the local status line - 0800 5610061?

Is this a replacement or new V6? If so it may be because the box hasn't been activated yet.

If that's the case then call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You do have a white coaxial cable connected to the box that's getting stuck? If not that's possibly why it isn't working.

You could also trying switching off the box and unplugging the white coaxial cable from the back and then switch back on again. Wait for it to get stuck on 16%, and then reconnect the white coaxial cable.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for replying,

I've had the box for about 3 years now, I've tried the white coaxial thing, I've rebooted,  the TV is on at the moment but I don't know how long for as I've been having trouble with this box for ages now, thanks for the help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like a faulty box to me.

Faults-CS is probably your best port of call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Is that by phone or is that on here/

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Entirely your choice depending how urgent this is for you - calling in will get you a response there & then, waiting here may take a few days for staff to pickup but could potentially be more convenient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your help.

Hi Sandrah 👋 welcome back to community! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your V6 box freezing. The error code you listed (S102) means your box can't load the channel information. Just as you've also mentioned running through some troubleshooting, and that the box is getting stuck updating I'm going to send you a PM to confirm a few account details and investigate further. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩

We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly