Menu
Julie0206
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 box freezing

Hi, I'm having a few problems with my v6 box,

1, it keeps freezing when playing recorded programmes,

2, on demand and catch up hardly ever works, I'm always having to reset my tivo box, it usually comes up with code 602 / 603,, this is getting very annoying 😡,

All connections and cables are tight , 

I would be grateful if somebody can shed some light on this, 

Thanks, julie...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box freezing

@Julie0206 wrote:

Hi, I'm having a few problems with my v6 box,

1, it keeps freezing when playing recorded programmes,

Does the same thing happen with live TV? How about if you pause/rewind live TV?

@Julie0206 wrote:

2, on demand and catch up hardly ever works, I'm always having to reset my tivo box, it usually comes up with code 602 / 603,, this is getting very annoying 😡,

Does VOD work immediately following the reset? Are you watching on a 4K/UHD or Samsung TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Julie0206
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It only freezes on recordings never on live tv.. 

On demand does work after reset but the next day in might not work again so back to square one again .. 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Julie0206,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post!

We're sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your V6 recordings! Are you experiencing any connection issues on any other devices?

Can you tell us if your V6 box is connected to your home network by WiFi or by an Ethernet connection?

Please keep us updated so we can look into this issue for you further.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Julie0206 wrote:

It only freezes on recordings never on live tv.. 

How about if you pause live TV and watch it, say, a minute behind live? That also uses your box's hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Julie0206
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulina, 

All my items are connected, at least 2/3 times a week the internet drops out and I have to reboot my router😡 ( that's just another issue), my v6 box is connected via ethernet, 

• Thanks julie
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Julie0206,

I've been able to arrange an engineer visit so we can look into this issue more closely for you. We cannot confirm the time slots publicly, so please sign into your My Virgin Media account to view your appointment time slot.

Do let us know how the visit goes!

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Julie0206
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the appointment went well, the engineer changed some cables, and to be fair the internet hasn't dropped out since and catch up \ on demand seems to be working fine, but the v6 box still pauses when watching recorded programmes. My guess is that the hard drive is failing.

Many thanks,

Julie.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us with the update Julie, it's great to hear there's been some improvement. 

I would be inclined to agree about the box being faulty in some way if the pause issue is ongoing. Unfortunately we're not able to arrange box-swaps at the moment it can only be done by an engineer when they identify that a replacement is needed. 

We can arrange another tech-visit, however we now been requested to get in touch via PM to arrange them, so please look out for the purple envelope and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos