Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 box freezing/rebooting

Hiya

Seems this is the easiest way to get through to Virgin eventually

Been having issues with my v6 box the last couple weeks

It’s started to freeze up intermittently while watching live TV regardless of the channel, and then at some point got completely stuck in a boot loop, where it would sit on the welcome screen for ages, then when it finally managed to boot it would become unresponsive almost immediately

I had no option at that point but to try the hard reset (power on while holding plus and standby) - after that, it worked fairly well for the majority of the week, but would soon start to crumble if I was watching in delay (at this point there are no shows recorded to the hard drive at all after performing the hard reset, nor scheduled recordings)

Again today it became almost unwatchable, freezing all the time, and neither the guide nor quick guide are loading, after several reboots, it seems to be ok again, but I fear this is just going to keep happening

If it helps, I’ve had the unit about 2.5 years

Any help would be appreciated, but it really feels like the only fix would be a new box now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box freezing/rebooting

The box does sound rather unwell.

VM staff will respond on here, but it's currently taking around a week.

If you want a quicker response, Call VM TV Faults and report it. 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - or use the text message facility ()7533 051809)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos