Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 box freeze's when "home" is pressed

Hi guys,

I need some help with my virgin V6 box. Every time we use the remote and press the home button it causes the box to freeze, it comes up "invalid format" on our TV.

What could be causing this problem?

This happens on both the remote and the TV control app available on the app store.

Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box freeze's when "home" is pressed

Hi emchris,

Thank you for getting in touch with your issue, I'm really sorry that you've had difficulty using certain TV services.

If this were a problem with the physical remote only, I'd suggest that it may be a faulty remote. However, you've advised that the app is also affected, so this makes me wonder if it could be the box itself.

First of all, I'd like you to try manually connecting to the network by following these steps: press Home on your remote > select Help & Settings > select Settings > select Network > select Connect to the Virgin Media Service now. Let me know whether this helps and we can take it from there.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box freeze's when "home" is pressed

Hi emchris,

How's everything been since your post?

Our TV team have suggested that you may have accidentally selected a higher Video Output to a higher resolution than is supported by your TV. You would normally change this via the settings menu, which I appreciate you can't access right now (Evidently I was having a moment when I asked you to reconnect yesterday!) In this case, do you have another TV which you could connect to the box to gain access to the menus?

Thanks,

Rachael 

0 Kudos