Menu
Burge1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box error

Good evening,

I’m posting hoping this gets picked up as I’m continually kept on hold when ringing to report this fault.

I have a green screen message  saying DVR box has detected a serious problem it will take up to 3 hours to fix it. The system has rebooted itself several times but is still not working. It is definitely the box not a system error as the other box is working.

Reading other similar threads this appears to be a hard drive failure necessitating a replacement box. Is there anyone there that can assist with a replacement as other methods of contacting Virgin have been unsuccessful.

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box error

You're quite correct to believe the green "DVR has detected an error" message is a sign of hard-drive failure and your box will need replacing.

If you'd rather not wait on the phone lines, VM staff should respond on here - but it may take a day or so, they work through posts in order and this isn't a real-time support forum.

Is it just call queues you're having problems with, or is there another issue with the 150 lines? They re-open at 8am and some people report success calling earlier in the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Burge1,

Welcome back to out Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your V6 TV box. 

As @japitts advised, you are correct as the green DVR screen is an indication of a hard drive failure. In this case we will need to have an engineer attend to have a look at your equipment.

In order to book this appointment, I will need to confirm a few details with you over Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Burge1,

Thank you for confirming your details with me over Private Message.

I was able to book a technician for you to look over your TV issue. You can manage your appointment on your online account.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes if you can.

We're more than happy to assist further if needed.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos