Menu
Wilts
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box error and constantly rebooting

Our lounge V6 box keeps going to an error, V53, but it just stops working and then switches itself off and reboots.

First happened a couple of weeks ago, and for a week or so was happening once a day. Now, in last 2 days it has literally happened 6 or 7 times per evening. Obviously, very annoying.

Our 2nd box in bedroom does NOT do this, so the main VM connection is obviously fine.

Therefore, must be the box in our lounge.

It is a fault, so i know i can call virgin on 151, but i tried to access my vm, to book an engineer appointment. However, looks like i cant book online.

Is that correct? Or am i missing the way to book online?

Do i have to call VM?

Any views/comments appreciated

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box error and constantly rebooting

@Wilts wrote:

It is a fault, so i know i can call virgin on 151, but i tried to access my vm, to book an engineer appointment. However, looks like i cant book online.

You're correct that Virgin have no online fault reporting. VM staff respond to posts on here, but it can take upto a couple of days.

If you want an immediate response, then 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) is the best way to go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Wilts
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well, to my amazement and gratefully thankful, i called VM 10 mins ago, and got through to a customer guy in India immediately. I'm truly astonished i didnt have to wait for 20 mins or more.

Well done Virgin. Added bonus is that he has booked an engineer visit to us, for the 08.00-12.00 slot tomorrow morn.

Brilliant service!

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Wilts

Thanks for taking the time to update us on the issue and your recent experience calling the team. We're pleased to hear that this has been looked into and an appointment made, please keep us up to date with how this goes.

Rob

0 Kudos