cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box does not load channels after moving it - error S101

twofgcrew
Joining in

Hi. I have rearranged our sitting room and moved the V6 box further from the wall port. I bought a cable to extend the coax cable by 5m. When I try to start the box I get error S101 and it won’t load the channels. I have double checked the connections and know they are all OK… Can this be fixed remotely..?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @twofgcrew 

You should have booked a VM tech to move the wall port and extend the cable. It's only £25.

Doing the work yourself can induce noise ingress into the network which affects other peoples connections.

The error S101 is due to the cabling you've used either not being connected correctly, or not the same standard used by VM

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @twofgcrew 

You should have booked a VM tech to move the wall port and extend the cable. It's only £25.

Doing the work yourself can induce noise ingress into the network which affects other peoples connections.

The error S101 is due to the cabling you've used either not being connected correctly, or not the same standard used by VM

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

A VM tech will properly terminate the cables with crimped F type connectors and check the signal levels as added length causes signal loss. There are a lot of DIY bodges but for £25 you can't argue with value for money.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks and yes I agree. They don’t make it easy to understand that they offer this service and it is reasonable…