Menu
DeniseG21
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 box distortion on some recordings and if live tv is paused - not all channels

I am having some issues for about 10 days now with any recordings or pausing live tv, when trying to hatchback the picture is pixellating and is unwatchable.  I am having to source the recordings through catch up instead.  

Main channel affected seems to be BBC but some others have also caused issue.  Recordings from STV seem to be okay.

I have tried turning off V6 box and restarting, not resolved issue.
I have tried the white co-axial cable, disconnected from box and reconnected - not resolved issue.
I have tried alternative hdmi cable - not resolved issue.
I have run tv test through the faults section, no issues found.

Please can you assist as I have called three times to speak to someone and I am not getting through to anyone after 30 mins each time

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box distortion on some recordings and if live tv is paused - not all channels

If live TV channels are affected by pixellation after a reboot, that tends to indicate a TV signals issue.

If only recorded or "paused" programmes are affected, that would generally suggest hard drive problems that won't target any channel in particular.

You've quoted a broadcaster that's affected (BBC) but not whether there's any specific channels worst affected - it won't change the end result, that the best way to report TV service faults such as this is to call VM (150 or 0345 4541111) and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

Wait times can vary, but patience - as with many things at the moment - is the name of the game.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos