Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box dead - no lights

Hi, could anyone advise on a dead V6 box? Just switched off and that's it! no lights, nothing. Power supply is fine. I've been trying to get hold of someone at virgin media but cant get through to anyone technical as they say they've closed their call centres due to corona. I feel like flagging down a tech in a van if i see one. One of the hardest companies to contact ever. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box dead - no lights

Same here if you use the website just take you through tests that say boxes are ok even though one is dead. Absolutely no way to get any response from Virgin Media, If I fail again tomorrow morning will try stirring things up on Twitter. Costs me over £1800 a year and cannot get anyone to even talk to me. .

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The call centres are open.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of your problem  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, I did call the customer number you mentioned but after following the appropriate menus it just said technical call centres are closed. Spoke to a sales team member and he put me through to technical but I was on hold for 45 mins and just gave up. I do really appreciate the text number and I’ll get onto it now, but it seems strange I have to enrol on a forum to get an answer on how to contact Virgin. 

cheers

0 Kudos