Menu
JamieT86
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 box cannot find channels

We have 2 boxes, one downstairs (works perfectly) and one upstairs. The one upstairs lost all channels midweek and cannot seem to locate any, stuck on 16% and it doesn't move. Eventually the screen goes black.

I have checked all cables and WiFi signal and everything is connected. The remote is also being rather unresponsive/ slow to respond.

I've tried ringing virgin and it just gives me a message saying that there is a known fault in the area, but that is to do with on demand services. 

Any ideas how I can fix this issue?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box cannot find channels

Are you able to swap the 2 V6 boxes around?

See if the fault follows the box to the new location (suggesting V6 fault) or sticks with the room (suggesting issues with your internal cabling)

Out of interest, what does the "dodgy" V6 report as the WiFi signal? It wouldn't affect your live TV channels, but would be a good check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JamieT86
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestions. 

I have swapped the box and moved downstairs and it works fine.

Moved it back upstairs and it's back to being stuck at 16%. It says that it has 100% WiFi signal and successfully connected. I've tried the connect to virgin media option in the menu and it says its successfully connected.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So the internet connection is working, but if the box works in a different location that suggests a problem with your internal coax cabling that carries TV signals to the other room.

Have you made any changes to your account recently, are you definitely paying for a multiroom subscription? I'd expect the same box to fail regardless of connection (rather than the connection-point fail regardless of box) but it's something else to rule out.

Best you can check is that all the obvious connections are finger-tight, otherwise you'll need to call in and report your service fault. How far VM can troubleshoot internal cabling in the current climate, I'm not sure. But there's one way to find out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

JamieT86
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your suggestions. 

I have made no changes to the account and all was working fine until middle of last week. 

I tried calling them this afternoon, it's impossible to actually get to talk to someone, all I keep getting is automated messages that tell me there is a known fault and they are working to fix it. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@JamieT86 wrote:

I tried calling them this afternoon, it's impossible to actually get to talk to someone, all I keep getting is automated messages that tell me there is a known fault and they are working to fix it.

Are you sure you're calling the faults C/S number rather than the automated status line?

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service

0 Kudos