Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 box broken and virgin making it difficult to get an engineer booked.

So, for the last 4 or 5 days, every time I turn my V6 on it's making a horrible noise which basically sounds like a HDD head crash. The box repeatedly turns itself off, reboots and gets locked in a reboot cycle. If it does manage to recover to the main screen I have nothing on my guides and can only see the channel that it starts up on; trying to change channels results in a black screen and the box then reboots again. Leaving the box on the one channel results in a reboot after about 10 minutes. Box also gets very hot on one side.

Soooooo, I ring the helpline and am stuck on hold multiple times without anyone answering. I ring from home later and get through after about 30 minutes.......speak to a nice guy who actually runs lots of tests and diagnostics and comes to the conclusion the box is buggered and needs an engineer out/replacement....but his system to book the engineer is currently down, can I ring back later/tomorrow to book the engineer. He will leave notes on my account stating this......NP.....or so I thought.

Back at work today, rings through and gets an answer after 5 mins (amazed) and tells the story of what has gone on and that I need to book and engineer....but oh no......they cant just do that, apparently they have to run the diagnostics AND book the engineer as they can't just book an engineer, so now I have to go through the whole stupid process again and will probably have to wait even longer for a free engineer. If you can't do this, why not tell me at the time!

Seriously Virgin, what sort of stupid system is this......you seem to think that everyone just sits at home all day watching on demand...I can't just tootle off home for a few hours to give you a bell and I'm not leaving a hot box on all day so you can run the same tests, when you already have run them to determine the box is U/S!

Is there any other way to get an engineer booked from the UK side? Does anyone from Virgin actually read these posts?

Shaun

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box broken and virgin making it difficult to get an engineer booked.

Hi virgin do reply on here but it may take 3 or 4 days, I know it's frustrating but you have to play the game with the offshore call centre who read from a script, the only thing I can suggest is if possible to call first thing in the morning 8am you should get through quicker and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who know what they are doing and will hopefully be more help, unfortunately you will need to be with a powered up box, they cover more than just people leaving, hope you get some luck with this.Regards Micky
0 Kudos