Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 box boot cycling

Our V6 box won't start. It shows welcome, then a disk and arrow icon, then restarts and repeats. I haven't been able to get through to the help desk.

How do I get it fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box boot cycling

Hello Chilli_myk, welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting. I'm unsure whether you're still having problems but can you tell us more about the issue? Was it working okay and then the issue started? If you have more than one box, are they okay? Can you try and describe what your're seeing on the TV and tell us whether you hear any noises coming from the box? Sorry for the questions, I just want to get a clearer idea of it so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

We have had it for  over a year and it's been working fine. Then this. It looks like a disk fail or similar...

It shows welcome in lots of languages, then a spinning circle, then starting up, then restarts back to welcome

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

... and no noises

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Chilli_myk

Looks like it;s going through the welcome/installation process. 

I have located your account and have taken a closer look at your box from here; it's advising it is currently switched off or offline which would coincide with what you have advised the issue is at home. 

After going through a few other checks, we can get a new box out to you if you are happy with self-installing it at home? We’ll deliver everything you need and our simple step-by-step instructions will help you set it all up.

You will need to activate your new set top box within 14 days and instructions regarding what you need to do with your old box will be included in the QuickStart pack (a pre-paid label will be provided to make it as easy as possible.

The self-install will require some light bending and some unplugging and plugging back in different cables.

If you are comfortable with this, pop back and let us know and we can assist you further and get that arranged for you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Katie

I would be happy to install this myself - I think I did that for the original. Is there a way to message directly so that I can confirm you have my correct details?

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff - I'll pop you a quick Private Message so we can go through security and we can get one ordered for you @Chilli_myk

Please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Mike (@Chilli_myk)

Cheers for popping back with your information - your new replacement has been ordered and will be with you in the next couple of days - it'll arrive via Yodel to your home address. 

Once you have it, install it as soon as you can to ensure it is activated. 

If you have any issues once it arrives or any issues with delivery, please do let me know. 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help, Katie
We look forward to the new box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The V6 box needs to be connected to a router configured for DHCP connections. It will fail if the router is configured for fixed IP addresses. Without a network connection the setup will fail, and the V6 box will not be able to update the guide. I had this problem with the V6 box and guessed correctly that this would be the solution, given there was no way to configure the V6 box network settings.

Best of luck!

0 Kudos