Menu
ianfren177
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box, blank screen, Samsung TV

Hello, I'm a new customer, service was only installed 15/8/20.  After switching on the TV post-installation, the screen was black with no sound.

I tried rebooting the box, it gets past the welcome screen and shows 'starting up' for several minutes but then goes black.   I have a Samsung 2013  'F' series smart TV but the same thing happens on a 2015 M series.  I have factory reset the TV, tried different HDMI input sockets and cables including an ethernet-capable 4K one, rebooted the V6 box several times, all without success.

Can I get help on this?   Many thanks.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box, blank screen, Samsung TV

Hi did you ring the activation number 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the box to hand.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
ianfren177
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky, the service wasn't activated (not sure why the engineer didn't tell me that).  After activation over the phone the screen is still blank.  I've got an engineer visit scheduled, I'll post back any useful findings here (looks like quite a few other folk have had issues with Samsung TVs).

Regards,  Ian.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes there are quite a few posts on here related to issues with V6 to Samsung, some cite handshake problems, others its simply cured by the video settings on the V6, hope the engineer sorts it out for you. Regards Micky
ianfren177
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I got it working without the engineer visit in the end.  I found a useful post with instructions on how to hard-reset the V6 box.(to save others searching, it's press and hold the front standby and '+' buttons while powering on the box, and release when you see the Welcome screen).   That worked, the display setting is now 1080p which seems to survive box reboots.  I can only surmise the box got stuck on  2160p somehow after the initial installation.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos