Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box black screen

Hi

I am a new user of Virginmedia , 6 days ago was installed Internet and TV with V6 box. I had more than 10 times black screen with only sound when turning on my V6 box. I followed your advice to switch off from power the box and reboot. It works . But is inconvenient and unacceptable. I think the box is faulty.

It can happen several times a day. Especially when a show I watch is on nd I am losing even the recording for 10 minutes at a time whilst the box reboots.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box black screen

As you are within 14 days of installation you can cancel without any £ penalty. Try calling it in -- 08.00 midweek, is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits - and go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you sort it or you can cancel there.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I still need to reset the box once or twice a day. Couldn't get through to customer services over the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick-Nick,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having TV issues. How has the service been since your post? If you are still having issues and needing an engineer visit, we can get one set up from here.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos