Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box as dead as a dodo

My V6 box her died, I don't know how long for as I rarely use it (Fire Stick and Smart TV) however it would be nice to get it exchanged.

Last time I called a few months ago I spent a frustrating 45 minutes being talked through a variety of button presses on a unit that was completely unresponsive, eventually I gave up and resigned myself to paying for TV that I don't use.

Does anyone have any advice on getting an engineer out to exchange the box without having to go through hours of pointless processes?

Thanks in advance 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box as dead as a dodo

You could login and try the self-tests here - https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

It may end up booking a callout for you - never got that far.

@Matblack wrote:

My V6 box her died, I don't know how long for as I rarely use it (Fire Stick and Smart TV) however it would be nice to get it exchanged.

Last time I called a few months ago I spent a frustrating 45 minutes being talked through a variety of button presses on a unit that was completely unresponsive, eventually I gave up and resigned myself to paying for TV that I don't use.

Does anyone have any advice on getting an engineer out to exchange the box without having to go through hours of pointless processes?

Thanks in advance 🙂 

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think I tried that last time and I remember seeing the same page when trying to test the TV on self test 😞

Damn it won't let me post a picture but its just a placeholder saying Oops Something has Broken 

:(😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matblack,

Sorry to hear that your V6 Box isn't functioning and that you're keen on getting it resolved.

I'm going to send you a Private Message, please reply to it so I can take a look for you.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos