Menu
Glassdome
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 box and no picture in any app, only sound

Hi there,

All has been fine until recently and no none of our apps work correctly. Tv picture is fine in 1080i and p on tv, but when we use an app the sounds comes through, but there is no picture only a black screen.

We have tried:

- two different hdmi ports 

- different hdmi leads

- changing tv and v6 settings to higher and lower res

nothing has worked.  As I say this used to work fine until 4 weeks ago. The tv is a Panasonic viera 55CX680. 

I have looked through the site and others have had similar problems. I have tried the fix suggestions listed, with the exception of buying a new tv (someone resolved their issue as it related to their tv not coping with the resolution). Mine is not this issue as our tv is not that old an copes fine with 4K and hd from other sources.  

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box and no picture in any app, only sound

Hi Glassdome,

Thank you for posting your TV issue, I'm sorry that you've had difficulty using apps on your V6 box. We can certainly take a look into this for you.

In taking a look at the backend of your account, I can see that your power levels are too high on both upstream and downstream broadband channels. As the apps and On Demand content on your V6 are provided via an online streaming service, it's likely that this broadband fault is the cause of your trouble.

In order to resolve this, we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. I'll end you a private message now to clear account security, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos