Menu
Ronata28
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box and home automation

Hi people, has anybody sucessfully managed to control the V6 box with any home automation kit ? I've tried the Broadlink mini RM3 but the signal sent to the V6 was so slow the V6 box did not accept the signal. Only managed to receive on or two digits before it timed out. My wife is disabled so looking to control tv by voice. Any help greatly received.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box and home automation

Seems the best option is to link Amazon Alexa to a Harmony remote.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Ronata28 wrote:

Hi people, has anybody sucessfully managed to control the V6 box with any home automation kit ? I've tried the Broadlink mini RM3 but the signal sent to the V6 was so slow the V6 box did not accept the signal. Only managed to receive on or two digits before it timed out. My wife is disabled so looking to control tv by voice. Any help greatly received.

You will have to wait for the next generation Horizon 4 firmware upgrade (no release date yet in the UK). This comes with a voice controlled remote.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As suggested, a Harmony remote with Harmony Hub (such as the Harmony Elite or Harmony Companion) and Alexa will work, and is currently what I use, though I do currently only use it for turning the box on and not for direct control so not sure if lag is a problem.

0 Kudos