Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 box affecting TV input?

I’ve had a V6 box set up today, connected to a Toshiba TV via an HDMI hub. Trouble is that after about 15 minutes the TV keeps switching back to itself as the source, even though the V6 box is still on and the hub says it’s the preferred input. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I thought it might be a one off but it’s happened three times in a row now so I essentially can’t use the box until I work out why it’s happening. Nothing appears on screen as a warning, in case that’s any use for diagnosing! Thank you. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box affecting TV input?

What happens if you connect it directly to the TV

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box affecting TV input?

Hi georgie_e55,

Do you mean an HDMI splitter? If so that could be the problem. Have you tried connecting the V6 and TV without the hub? 

If it works OK then the problem is likely to be your HDMI hub, or the port you are connecting it to, eg HDM1, HDMI2 etc. Try swapping the ports (turning the equipment off each time so the boxes pick up the change)

I have a Toshiba and have CEC enabled in the TV settings and it's possible tHt some of the equipment attached to your TV is making that the preferred input, it used to happen with my Firestick until I moved it to a different port, so try turning CEC off it's enabled.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos