Menu
Gavin1959
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

V6 box... Plugged in no lights... Flashing green on router

Hi... I have a V6 box in the bedroom that I don't use very often but tried at the weekend. There are no lights on and it's not working. It is connected to everything correctly and is powered up. I have tried powering down for a hour and restarting but still not working. Any ideas or do I need a new box? 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box... Plugged in no lights... Flashing green on router

If you have a SuperHub3  -a flashing green light on the router means you have an Internet connection issue.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Gavin1959
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.. But I don't have an Internet issue... My virgin TV doesn't work... Possibly hit by lightening... Can't find out how to

contact Virgin

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you stick into your web browser http://192.168.0.1/ do you get anything come up?

0 Kudos
Gavin1959
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes but my TV box doesn't work! Internet is fine apart from green flashing light on router... Presumably because of a fault on the TV box

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

On the router screen does the V6 box show as a connected device?

0 Kudos
Gavin1959
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

sorry I have been away, I have looked and there is no mention of the V6 box... I have a cable going from the hub 3, to a small 6 port switch and the V6 box is connected to that. The port light on the switch for the V6 box is flashing as if it is passing data, but no picture or sound. It worked when installed by the Virgin engineer and I understand from other residents of my street lightening took out there boxes. Have been unsuccessful trying to contact Virgin directly.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Gavin1959

Thank you for  popping back after doing all those checks our Community asked you for. 

I have located your account from your Forum information - we're not able to get any signal or connection from your V6 box at all. It sounds like the surge protector has done it's job and protected your home from the lightening but damaged the box itself. 

If you are happy with installing a new box yourself then I can arrange for a delivery of a new box within the next few days - if you're not confident, then I can arrange a technician visit for you instead. 

Just pop a reply back when you can letting me know which option you would prefer. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gavin1959
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That would be fabulous, yes I am sure I can manage to install a new box if you could send one out.

Thank you Katie

best wishes

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much @Gavin1959

I have arranged for a new box to be sent to the account address - it will be addressed to the account holder and it should arrive in the next couple of days for you. I know that your old box isn't currently working at all, but to avoid a further complete loss of service, you'll need to activate the new set top box within 14 days.  Instructions regarding what you need to do will be included in the QuickStart pack. 

You should receive a text message either the day before or early on the day of delivery with a tracking number. Once you have received this, you can track your order by going to http://www.myyodel.co.uk/.

You should then receive an email/text on the date of delivery with a 2 hour timeslot. Please do note that the timeslot will be anywhere between 8am - 9pm

In regards to the old box, currently we have a team of doorstep collectors working in the field and we will supply these accounts to be visited. Before they do visit your premises we will pre-call you to check you are not self-isolating or showing flu like symptoms. If you confirm you are self-isolating we will contact you again in the future to recover our equipment.

If a collection is arranged our field collector will visit your home, call you again upon arrival and request you place the equipment on the doorstep and close the door, to ensure safe distancing rule is adhered to. Once collected you will be sent an e-receipt to confirm what has been collected.

If you have any issues with the installation or if you have not received your new box by Monday, please pop back and we can check for updates for you 🙂 

Thank you so much 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos