Menu
johnzina
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box Not Connecting to Hub.

Since I reduced my download speed from 200 to 100mbs, my V6 box (which is downstairs) is not connecting to my Hub (which is upstairs).  My old Tivo box, which is nearer the Hub works fine.  How do I  buy the VM wi fi booster (powerline adapter) - the website is no help.  Should this solve the problem, or should I return to 200mbs, which will cost another £12pcm?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box Not Connecting to Hub.

The underlying speed of your broadband won't make a scrap of difference to the WiFi signal your router is providing.

On the V6 that isn't connecting, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. In the top-right corner, the connection status and WiFi signal strength is reported. What does it say?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

johnzina
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to sound thick, but how to I find "Home, Help, Settings, Network?  Are you referring to Settings in Windows 10?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Using your V6 remote, press "Home", then scroll to "Help & Settings", press "OK", then Settings then "Network"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

johnzina
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your patience, but I’ve now learned from VM that my V6 box needs replacing.  

0 Kudos