Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 box Netflix & BBC problems

We got 'upgraded' to a V6 box a few months ago, and whole it's definitely better than the old box, it has been plagued with a few problems recently.

1. When trying to play things via the Netflix or Amazon apps, the screen goes completely blank and I have to reset the box in order to get them working

2. On BBC1 HD (ch.101), I'm having two problems - the sound is completely disappearing and can only be brought back by flicking the channel up and down, or the sound is occasionally 'robotic' and has what I can only describe as a 'metallic' sound to it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box Netflix & BBC problems

The BBC issue could probably be fixed by going into settings then audio and changing dolby digital to PCM. 

The amazon app issue sometimes happens when your connected via an amp.  If your connected via an amp try changing the video settings on the v6 to 1080p

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Solved my amazon,netflix and iplayer issues with new V6 box.

V6 box was to far away from hub for wired connection so had to do some in-home network sorting out.

I used a CAT7 cable to a TP-link pro-switch, then CAT6 from switch to TV & V6.

Happy V6 box, Happy TV.

this post may contain nuts 😉
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Superhub is within 2m of the V6 box, so it's definitely not network related. I might get in touch with Virgin to see what they say.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If its only 2m away put it on a Cat5e (or better) ethernet cable - that should either sort it completely (leave it connected like that), or if not it will prove the fault is elsewhere.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good idea.  I've got a feeling that it might not change anything, but it's worth a go!

0 Kudos