Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V6 box: Menus but no picture

Hi

I have been using V6 box with LG TV for a couple of years now (via a Yamaha AV receiver).  All been fine.

Last night I looked at settings to see about outputting 4K signal to the TV.  Realised not much doing so reverted to prior video settings of output of 1080p to the TV (let it do auto).  Nothing changed physically.

Now I cannot see TV channels nor recordings but get menus and sound.  Also happily sends Netflix to TV using the V6 box app.

This is bizarre.  I feel I have messed up the settings somehow or the box is defaulting to something which is messing it up.

Looking at status, I see hdcp not enabled in a menu.  Also in another menu Current Tuned status is success but tune state in progress.

Help!

thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box: Menus but no picture

Hi Keith, 

I'd suggest manually selecting 1080p (pass-through) as the default video output rather then allowing the box to auto select its own output. 

Sometimes this will resolve it! 

If you have any more issues let me know! 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Try this

pressed front button on box then switched on again and picture should come , instead of using remote.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

I would usuallay say the lack of picture is due to no signal on the incoming co-axial cable connected to the back of the V6, but I am concerend that you are not able to play recordings.

Are you able to confirm how old a recorded program is that is not playing. If its recent, it may still be a signal issue and failed to record. If the recordings are older, and you know they used to work, it could be a HDMI fault.

Sometimes a minor HDMI fault, can only affect some formats. If you change the Video output settings to lower resolutions, it may start working. Failing that, try different HDMI port in TV, different HDMI cable, and last resport, try a different TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ed

Tried it but the box will only let me select both 1080p and the 1080p pass through at once.  If I cancel the 1080p then the pass through version disappears too.

Does not resolve it unfortunately.

Keith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thanks Alan

This is the reset - done this a few times to no avail unfortunately.

Keith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Try this 

hard TV reboot. Disconnect from mains then switch on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So I tried every video output from 576p up and no change.

All recordings from back have the same issue.

Odd that Netflix will output a 1080p image but not Virgin TV signals.

I am convinced this is a setting somewhere as it only started when I looked at the video settings last night.

I shall try swap boxes around later to see if that changes anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

There is more to a format than just the resolution. Sometimes you may find a HDMI works fine for an Xbox, but not for your set top box, or vice versa.

If the issue is affecting old recordings you know used to work, then im 99% sure its a HDMI fault, we just need to establish if its the port in the V6, or the port in the TV or the lead, or all.

the only way to know, is a little trial and error. if you have more than 1 V6, the easiest thing to do is swap them around. if the fault follows the box, then its a faulty box, if the fault stays in the same room, then its either the TV or HDMI lead, so then swap the leads around.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@keith4city wrote:

Hi

I have been using V6 box with LG TV for a couple of years now (via a Yamaha AV receiver).  All been fine.

Last night I looked at settings to see about outputting 4K signal to the TV.  Realised not much doing so reverted to prior video settings of output of 1080p to the TV (let it do auto).  Nothing changed physically.

Now I cannot see TV channels nor recordings but get menus and sound.  Also happily sends Netflix to TV using the V6 box app.

This is bizarre.  I feel I have messed up the settings somehow or the box is defaulting to something which is messing it up.

Looking at status, I see hdcp not enabled in a menu.  Also in another menu Current Tuned status is success but tune state in progress.

Help!

thanks.

The issue you are describing occurs when the TV is not giving out a handshake, I would suggest the issue is with the Yamaha AV, older AVs will not pass 4k and you may need to reboot that or try conecting girvtly from the V6 to the TV

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos