Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box, LG 4k TV - No Signal

Can anyone help?

I bought a new LG TV yesterday and when connecting the Virgin V6 box the TV displays 'no signal' after initially recognising and displaying the V6 box welcome screen and 'Starting up' screen, it then cuts out and displays no signal. 

V6 box working fine on older HD TV and I have tried all HDMI ports in new 4k LG TV and rebooted box multiple times. Can anyone advise how I can resolve this?

Cheers

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box, LG 4k TV - No Signal

Hi Cgraham,

have you tried a different HDMI cable, swap the one over from the older working TV?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

It's the same cable that worked fine for old TV, plastered into the wall (prev owners) not easy to change unfortunately. 

I've tried a different cable and it does display an image and work but this cable is loose hanging from cupboard door with V6 box to the TV. 

I was hoping to get the original cable working as it is stuck in the wall. Any idea why the original cable works to boot up and then sends no signal, and how this could be fixed??

Thanks for your help, Dave!

Cameron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Cgraham,

Virgin's advice on cables is here Using the right cables 

They explain it far better than myself.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Dave, it could be that the original cable in the wall is not high speed like the other I tested that does work (cannot see enough of the cable to check). Not sure why it displays the boot screen and welcome message though. 

Looks like I'll need to rip out the old cable from the wall and replace it.

Thanks for your help.

Cameron

0 Kudos