Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box, 4k tv no signal

• Hi, I am a long term Virgin customer. I have a v6 in my living room and bedroom, TiVo boxes in childrens bedrooms. After switching from blu-ray to my V6 box on my living room 4k tv today, the sound was on but no picture, shortly after the sound went as well. I have tried pulling out the hdmi, using different Hdmi cables, different Hdmi inputs on the tv and I have reset the box, unplugged the box, changed it with the bedroom v6 box. No signal. Both v6 boxes work on the other tvs in the house, the standard TiVo box works fine on the 4k tv.
  • My 4k TV has not had any recent updates. Has there been a V6 update recently that may have changed something?
  • Any other suggestions?
  • Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box, 4k tv no signal

Hi,
Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - can you send me a personal message; hover over my name and select send message.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@AndyMcP69 wrote:
  • Hi, I am a long term Virgin customer. I have a v6 in my living room and bedroom, TiVo boxes in childrens bedrooms. After switching from blu-ray to my V6 box on my living room 4k tv today, the sound was on but no picture, shortly after the sound went as well. I have tried pulling out the hdmi, using different Hdmi cables, different Hdmi inputs on the tv and I have reset the box, unplugged the box, changed it with the bedroom v6 box. No signal. Both v6 boxes work on the other tvs in the house, the standard TiVo box works fine on the 4k tv.
  • My 4k TV has not had any recent updates. Has there been a V6 update recently that may have changed something?
  • Any other suggestions?
  • Thanks.

I didn't think the standard Tivo had UHD capability.

Have you tried changing the video output settings under Settings->Video Output on the V6?

When you say 'switching from Blu-Ray to my V6'  do you mean physically disconnecting the HDMI cable? If so the V6 may have incorrectly detected the TV when reconnected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@AndyMcP69 wrote:
  • Any other suggestions?
  • Thanks.

I didn't know the standard TiVo provided a UHD output - does it?

When you say 'after switching from Blu-ray to my V6' do you mean you physically disconnecting and swapping the HDMI cable? If so then the V6 / TV may not have performed the handshake correctly.

Have you tried...

Connect the V6 to a working HD TV and manually select 1080p.
Switch the UHD tv off and then connect the V6 with the TV off and allow the V6 to fully reboot (10 minutes)
Switch the TV back on.

0 Kudos