Menu
minichris
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 audio issues with Sonos Playbar and now video issues

I have been working with VM CS first, who passed me to Sonos CS who spent days diagnosing the audio breakup issues and finally passed me back to VM.

In short the audio from the V6 box (via optical from the box or via TV) breaks up (like stuttering) quite frequently. This is the same from DD and PCM as tested with the VM CS in the first instance. 

This issue is getting worse by the day, where we had just very infrequent glitches we now have them almost every 10 or 15 minutes, even on recorded TV.  In addition to this we are now experiencing green banding popping up horizontally from time to time on live and recorded TV.

I have tried new optical cables, new HDMI cables and differing ports, we have pretty much exhausted every possibility barring the hardware in the V6 box itself now. 

Please can you advise (and hopefully not get me to ring the god awful offshore support again)?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
minichris
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 audio issues with Sonos Playbar and now video issues

The breakups are happening at exactly 5 minutes past the hour, or on a recording that happens at this time.

This is mimicking the old tivo 10 minute past bug. Can this be addressed please.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Looks like a network or V6 fault. A forum team member should be along later.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if that's the same problem I get (yours sounds more widespread than mine). 

I have the same setup as you and experience an intermittent sound problem, mostly early in a recording. The sound starts stuttering/breaking up. Very annoying. I fix mine by pressing the 10 second rewind button which fixes it. Pot luck if it reappears minutes later, or not at all. 

0 Kudos
minichris
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Check to see if its happening at a specific time Paul.

From memory the original Tivo bug was it downloading/updating guide data or something like that. 

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll check that next time it happens. 

0 Kudos
minichris
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In addition, as each day passes the period of time the sound problems occur is getting longer. 

As of 19:05 today it lasted well over 1m and 30s. 

When will someone be in touch please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi minichris,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having these issues and this definitely needs to be looked into.

Have you been in contact with us since your last post to resolve this issue?

I'm happy to look into this for you, if you still need assistance.

Look out for a PM from me in the top right hand corner of the screen via the purple envelope

David _Bn

minichris
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I thought I had better come back and post what I think to be the final solution to this issue in case anyone else experiences it.

We had the V6 box replaced which cleared the issue up for a few weeks but it slowly crept back and eventually broke the pattern and started occurring multiple times per hour (again at set intervals however, X:55/X:05 and bizarrely X:16).

After trying differing solutions such as different/New HDMI cables the fix appeared to be swapping the HDMI port on the TV to the ARC port (I dont actually use ARC), something which I surprisingly omitted to do before but did try the others. I also swapped in the shortest HDMI cable I could get away with. 

I feel that the problem appears to be a bizarre mix of circumstances that ultimately leads to the optical out audio being corrupted in some way. 

Oh and a big thanks to @David_Bn for all your help and patience 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers so much for popping back with the update @minichris

We always appreciate our customers popping back with information - it not only helps us here but also the community 🙂 

I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto @@David_Bn and our manager for you 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide