Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 at the end of garden pixelating on HD

Evening all, my 3rd V6 box in my home bar about 140ft from the junction box out the front of the house struggles to show many HD stations, BBC,ITV and many of the sky sports to name a few.......I’m using the premium coax to connect to box and all connections are tight. Don’t have any problems from the boxes in the front room or bedroom, just the one with the extended coax. Do I need a signal booster ? The junction box uses the std Tratec in /out 0.4 db . I’ve seen 18-32 db boosters on eBay but will Virgin help with my WO2 fault ? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 at the end of garden pixelating on HD

did you install the coax yourself?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no and engineer installed the third box in my conservatory, I extended the cable from the white box installed there to my outbuilding with original cable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you are not allowed to modify or extend the cable for many reasons this being one of them.

It can inject noise into the network that can effect everyone on the street and it screws up power levels.
As you have modified the install VM may charge you as you have broke the T&C and may not be covered under the feww repairs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos