Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 as replacement for faulty Tivo - no cables nor remote

I got the box today, but the only cables is for power.  No adaptor for the coax, no remote, no network cable as it says in the little booklet.  And though I received a lable to return the tivo to them, the box is obviously much too small.  When I first unpacked it I noticed the lack of a remote so phoned up and waited 30+ mins before I got to speak to someone who said it would be sent out in a few days.  And he activated it.   When I tried to see whether I can set it up so long I noticed no cables.  And now the lines are closed.   It shouldn't be this hard - surely?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 as replacement for faulty Tivo - no cables nor remote

I've still not received the remote, and I had to spend another 45 mins on a call yesterday before they agreed to send me the adaptor the little booklet said I should have received.  They said it would either arrive today, or 3 - 5 business days from today.  Guess which one it is?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear of this BJan and I 100% agree that it really shouldn't be this hard to get a new replacement box. Is there any sign of the remote control this morning?

If you would like to raise a complaint about this issue BJan, you can do so by following the link here.

Thanks

Steven

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and link Steven, the correct remote arrived today.  I went and bought an adaptor myself on Saturday (all of a pound), and the old tivo remote seemed to work ok so I managed to use it since Saturday.   I wonder whether I'll get a box/bag from them as promised to return the tivo in?  They sent labels with the v6, and said they'd send a bag/box big enough for the return with the remote (when I called them at first).   I don't want to be in trouble for not sending it back. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You should still receive packaging to return the TiVo box. 

If you haven't had it in a few days you can order it here or let us know and we'll be able to assist further. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

9 days ago I received new V6 box but no remote or cables. Despite ringing Virgin 3 times I have still not received the missing parts and now have a box that I can’t install

0 Kudos