Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 and Tivo

I recently upgraded to a New package and received one new V6 box. However I previously had two TiVo boxes So I was left with one old TiVo box which Virgin has disconnected so I am one connected box short. Over the past two weeks I have tried to contact Virgin by every means possible and failed to get  a response. What can I do as I am paying for two boxes and only have one working. Nick42

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Tivo

Was your V6 a replacement for your TiVo? If so, your TiVo has now been deactivated. Or did you change to a multiroom subscription?

If you definitely have a multiroom subscription, then what's happening with the "old" box? I could hazard a guess at error messages, but will let you confirm 😉

Activation issues can only be dealt with by calling through, and ideally having the serial numbers of your boxes handy.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I have a multi room package which had two TiVo boxes VM2544047. I upgraded the package and received one V6 box VM6141830. So I was left with one TiVo box VM 2544047 which was disconnected- error message C230.As a result I have only one room connected through the V6 box. When I upgraded To V6 I should have received two V6 boxes and not just one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/c230 this is a connectivity related error, which on a TiVo would tend to mean either a duff internal modem or (potentially) one that's been disconnected at the other end.

If you're sure you have a multiroom subscription and only one box is active, then that's a call to faults to make sure they've not deactivated the wrong box. Unfortunately it happens sometimes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos