Menu
gbjbasdw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 61
Flag for a moderator

V6 and Slingbox wont work together ! ! !

The new V6 remote control uses a RF signal NOT an Infra red ( IR ) signal.

This means that the IR blaster of the Slingbox will NOT work with this new V6 box. This means you wont be able to control the V6 via the Slingbox app.

(Unless someone knows better of course )

Steve

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Slingbox wont work together ! ! !

It uses RF and IR (the old tivo remotes work)

0 Kudos
gbjbasdw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 61
Flag for a moderator

My mistake then ( in my defense I was only quoting what I had read on a reputable review site ).

That is great news for me and other Slingbox users if we can hook up our Slingboxes and control the new V6 box.

One other potential problem though is that my Slingbox requires scart/composite output from the Tivo/V6 box. I have read that the Scart ( round socket ) is not enabled on the V6. Is this correct anyone ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 61
Flag for a moderator

@gbjbasdw wrote:

My mistake then ( in my defense I was only quoting what I had read on a reputable review site ).

That is great news for me and other Slingbox users if we can hook up our Slingboxes and control the new V6 box.

One other potential problem though is that my Slingbox requires scart/composite output from the Tivo/V6 box. I have read that the Scart ( round socket ) is not enabled on the V6. Is this correct anyone ?

The scart is dead, you can get an HDMI to scart converter

0 Kudos
nlpnow
Tuning in
Message 5 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Well I have tried to connect a dedicated V^ to Slingbox with no luck. I have purchased a HDMI converter, plus used the one I used on the Tivo Box, but video.

Still searching as I have three Slingboxes as I travel overseas a lot, and we have a home in Malaysia, thus a dedicated V6.  

0 Kudos
gbjbasdw
Tuning in
Message 6 of 61
Flag for a moderator

I'd probably need to split the HDMI as well. One to the TV and one to the HDMI to composite converter ( if there is such a thing )

I have to say that I think only having one video output is not very good especially as there is another physically present.

I don't think I'll be bothering to get a V6 box - my £25 Freesat HD box can record another 2 channels when I need to !

Cheers,

Steve

0 Kudos
gbjbasdw
Tuning in
Message 7 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Sorry - I may be being a bit thick today - bit I don't understand what you are saying here

"I have purchased a HDMI converter, plus used the one I used on the Tivo Box, but video."

Are you saying that the HDMI to ????? converter doesn't work when you connect it to the Slingbox ? What is the significance of the "but video" at the end of your sentence ?

0 Kudos
nlpnow
Tuning in
Message 8 of 61
Flag for a moderator

It has been three months since I last tried having failed to get my iPad/iPhone/Slingcatcher to log in to Slingbox and show video but only hearing audio.

I have a second Virgin Media V6, which I specifically have for Slingbox as I travel to different countries whilst others at home wish to use/watch the first V6 box. 

Reading the forums, it was suggested to change the V6 setting (home, settings, video) from 1080p to 1080i.

To get at and view the V6 settings, I needed a monitor with HDMI input connected to the V6. For this I took a HDMI output cable from the VM V6 to a splitter, 1 in, 2 out, taking a HDMI cable to the monitor from the splitter. A second HDMI cable from the splitter was taken to a HD Fury, HDMI in to component out box. Then the component cables from the HD Fury to the back of the Slingbox.

Powered up. I have sound and video on the monitor, (V6 to splitter direct to monitor). I then accessed my iPad and loaded SlingPlayer and logged onto my account, and video and audio on the iPad. It is working? No.

Reasoning that it is working, I then went direct from the VM V6 box to the HD Fury (HDMI to component box), eliminating the splitter and monitor. Now on the iPad only audio, no video, as before. It seems the only way to get video is to have the monitor (via a splitter) to be connected and on.

I use the Slingboxes for remote access. If I go away from my home, I am not leaving a monitor continuously switched on, so I can connect to Slingbox and V6. Frustrated.

Has others succeeded please?

0 Kudos
Macs777
Tuning in
Message 9 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Sorry a bit late in coming into this post, but just got my V6 box. I have connected the V6 box to my Slingbox MK1 using a HDMI -SCART converter purchased from Amazon. Plugged HDMI cable from V6 into converter input then SCART cable from output to Slingbox works no problems and good picture and sound. Taped my IR sensor to V6 box to get Remote to work,sorted. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
nlpnow
Tuning in
Message 10 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Surely there are no SCART inputs on Slingbox's.

300px-SCART_20050724_002.jpgScart plug     61HKFXjmFdL._SL1500_.jpgConnections on Slingbox MK1

0 Kudos