Menu
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.38K
  • 200
  • 379
Forum Team
Forum Team
744 Views
Message 11 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote

Hi Chrismuir87,

 

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your remote.

 

Have you tried the steps and links provided in the previous posts as they seem to have worked for the original poster.

 

Regards

 

Paul.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 2.64K
  • 54
  • 381
Problem sorter
736 Views
Message 12 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote


@Chrismuir87 wrote:

Hi having the same problem, did you ever get sorted?


...you need to read and follow whats been said  in message 9. Have you done this?

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
254 Views
Message 13 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote

Did you ever resolve this? Im having exactly the same issue.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 2.64K
  • 54
  • 381
Problem sorter
237 Views
Message 14 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote


@Huwger wrote:

Did you ever resolve this? Im having exactly the same issue.


.....and as I said in my previous post above yours - you need to read and follow whats been said in message 9.

Have you done this?

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
227 Views
Message 15 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote

Thank you for responding.  I couldn't see any specific advice on that thread.

In summary I have a new Samsung ue43u7100 and a virgin V6 box. Whin I first got the tv, I was able to control both the v6 and xbox with the Samsung remote after setup. After a week, it stopped working. I can still get the tv image on the hdmi, but the remote no longer works.

 

I have tried-

Resetting tv and v6 to factory settings

Samsung helpline. They took control of the tv remotely and confirmed the tv is working correctly. 

4 different hdmi cables in both ports.

 

Help!!!

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 6
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
217 Views
Message 16 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote

Hi all,

Confirmed I got this working in the end.

The thing that fixed it was a better quality HDMI cable. Once that was in, everything worked fine first time. I only discovered this after mounting the TV on the wall when purchasing a new set of 5M cables.

Hopefully that fix works for others in the same position.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 2.64K
  • 54
  • 381
Problem sorter
203 Views
Message 17 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote


@Huwger wrote:

Thank you for responding.  I couldn't see any specific advice on that thread.

In summary I have a new Samsung ue43u7100 and a virgin V6 box. Whin I first got the tv, I was able to control both the v6 and xbox with the Samsung remote after setup. After a week, it stopped working. I can still get the tv image on the hdmi, but the remote no longer works.

 

I have tried-

Resetting tv and v6 to factory settings

Samsung helpline. They took control of the tv remotely and confirmed the tv is working correctly. 

4 different hdmi cables in both ports.

 

Help!!!


....sorry to state the obvious but have you tried new batteries in the remote?!!!

You could also try resetting the remote and re-pairing it to the tv :

https://en.tab-tv.com/?p=16969 

 

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
186 Views
Message 18 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote

Didn't work unfortunately. 

Got a new HDMI cable arriving today so sll my hopes pinned on this!!!

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
175 Views
Message 19 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote

This has unfortunately failed as well!!

What's even more frustrating is that it worked for a full week and then stopped. 

I've completely run out of ideas now!!

 

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 2.64K
  • 54
  • 381
Problem sorter
165 Views
Message 20 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Samsung Universal Remote


@Huwger wrote:

This has unfortunately failed as well!!

What's even more frustrating is that it worked for a full week and then stopped. 

I've completely run out of ideas now!!

 


...have you actually tried resetting the smart remote as per my earlier post (message 17) ?

If that doesn't work, I would also try going into your tv settings and choosing to run through the tv's initial set up again - this should walk you through to setting up the remote with all your devices again.

If this still doesn't work then it could just mean that your remote has developed a fault - you'll have to purchase a replacement (re-read my post in message 9 as there are several different variants). 

You can also try using the non-smart remote to see if that works with the V6 - if it does then your smart remote probably has developed a fault.

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
0 Kudos
Reply