cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 and Samsung Universal Remote

kylbnkn
Tuning in

Hi all,

I've just purchased a new Samsung smart TV (Samsung UE65RU7400) and I'm trying to figure out how to use the universal remote with the V6.

The TV can see the V6 as an HDMI source, but when setting up the remote it asks if I can change the channel of the box... long story short, no, I can't. Any ideas? 

Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The short answer is that the V6 remote uses RF to talk to the V6 & not IR. This allows the V6 to be hidden away in a cabinet out of line of sight & still be controlled. It can even be controlled from another room.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I had suspected this - so long story short is it can't be done? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it can be done, on the smart Samsung Remote using the lowest button on the right of the Remote just push up from the bottom without pressing it to go up a Channel and push down on the button without pressing it to go down a Channel. Samsung-Smart-Remote-BN59-01292A-v2-300x209.jpg

Hi,

Understood - not so much an issue with using the remote, more the issue with pairing with the V6 box.

I'm assuming because the V6 is IR/Wireless and the remote is purely IR that it is not doable with the smart TV... I can't see anything that confirms that 100%.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Samsung TV smart remote is Bluetooth well my one is, only the normal remote is IR. 

...so it can't be done?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My smart remote works my V6 Box fine, and all I did was follow the instructions on the TV I have a UE 49 MU7000 that's 20 months old and honestly I've never had a problem, it also controls my other devices that are connected to the one connect box, if I was you I'd just start again and make sure everything connected is turned on, it should work fine then.

It definitely CAN be done!

I have the MU 6120 Samsung Smart TV and my Smart remote controls my V6 just fine - just follow the initial set up process and the remote will automatically pair to the V6.

Failing that, I would read through this thread (page 2 onwards)  over on AV Forums :  https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-50mu6120-owners-thread.2130467/page-2 , as it seems there are several variants of the Smart remote.

Hi having the same problem, did you ever get sorted?