Menu
Palmer15
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 additional box - no TV channels

I had Virgin Media install a 2nd line in a bedroom some time back and have now moved into the same room.  I connected the V6 box in the same way it was connected in my previous room but now have no TV channels.  It sticks at 16% and then states error code S101 although I have network (wifi) and netflix/prime etc all work.  Wifi signal seems to sit on average around 40%/45% and not sure if S101  is related to strength of wifi or an issue with the coaxial cable connection (which I have checked several times for decent connection.  Do I need someone to test the cabling/input or is this more likely to be the wifi strength and if so why would that affect channels if coax is connected?  thx

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 additional box - no TV channels

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s101 this is usually caused by a loss of incoming TV signal.

Is your white coax cable connected and finger-tight?

You mention that the box was installed "some time ago", and presumably not used in the intervening time.. how long is "some time ago"? It's possible the box may have been deactivated due to non-use. The only way you'll resolve that is by calling into V/M with your box details and getting it reactivated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Palmer15
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The cabling was installed some time ago but the V6 box has been used in another room since and only just moved and plugged into the other room.  I am suspecting it is either due to wifi signal or the cable coming into the house as I have used a 2nd coax cable to connect from the wall to the box and same issue.  Did try phoning VM but got lead through a number of automated activities and then finally was told to go online for help before cutting me off.  Not sure how I get to speak to someone?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Palmer15 wrote:

The cabling was installed some time ago but the V6 box has been used in another room since and only just moved and plugged into the other room.  I am suspecting it is either due to wifi signal or the cable coming into the house as I have used a 2nd coax cable to connect from the wall to the box and same issue

Is this cable a VM-supplied one?

@Palmer15 wrote:

Did try phoning VM but got lead through a number of automated activities and then finally was told to go online for help before cutting me off.  Not sure how I get to speak to someone?

Once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", you ignore the extra "bait to stop queuing", don't press the option to get a text message, link or go online, press nothing and wait to join the queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Palmer15
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The first cable was a bought one (not from VM) but the 2nd cable I tried was the same one VM installed in my other bedroom.  Will try the phone again and wait in queue...thx

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Be aware that the coax cable VM supply & use, is a particularly high grade one. Using self-supplied cables can often inject noise into the local network and cause issues for all the other customers local to you.

0 Kudos