cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Tivo Iissue sound but still no picture!

Jellybelly69
Tuning in

We have recently been having issues whereby we have no picture, only sound when using our virgin box. Our firestick works though and Roku and DVD player , . All the  cables checked and I have rebooted it 6 xs in just over 2 weeks we even changed our TV with daughters Hisense as we read issues about the black screen of death on Samsung tvs. and the exact sane thing is  happening. We  changed the hdmi cable, prior to this still picture has been  occasional flickering  and distorting an image like when a storm is due. Could it be a dodgy virgin box? We have had it for over 3 years , can put volume up and  down pick source,  check all TV remote ,items picture sound software etc , we can change source etc prratically anything relating to the TV remote is working  fine  , but abso othing is working whatever via the virgin remote, apart from the box light  flashing when pressing it , So it's definately not the telly have tested re tested via instructions and  all svs is good apparantly but it's definately  not . Paying a lot or will be from.next month so not be able to see and only hear is a little frustrating , So IMIO the issue is definately the  V6 and  remote , any suggestions or help from VM would be good 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the V6 menu system & EPG show, and this is just a loss of TV picture? Or total loss of video output?

If you can view the menu system, does OnDemand (altering the input source) work?

When you restart the V6, does the "Welcome" & "starting up" graphics show?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Welcome image then hdmi 1 top left sound no picture , but all controls on TV remote work fine , even run pucture test on telly  and okay,  made sure software latest , but Tivo remote light flashes on box when pressing but nothing else,  TV is fine but cannot see any picture via box not fum listening to.the same channel input source fine can watch roku and dvds

Hi Jellybelly69,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I have taken a look on our side and can see that we do have a reported issue in your area. 

The reference for this is: F010821214. And the estimated fix date is 31/07/23.

^Martin

Hello As I reported issue judt over 2 weeks ago direct to virgin and had no response apart from someone on the complains team tried to call me Friday just gone , what was the original fault log date, what is the fault and why so long to fix it ie another week , will I be recompensed?  Also why when I check status it says all is good when it's not ?  As to have to keep rebooting my system as much as I have over the last 2 weeks , 8th time on Sunday is surely not good for its workings

The service page would only show total loss of service issues. This is likely to be an intermittent one. 

I am happy to take a look further though. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Hi I have had a very similar problem with my Sony TV and virgin V6 box,  no TV picture on live TV but  Netflix work no problem.  I called the helpdesk, spent an hour doing the things asked. Engineer booked due to some other issues.  But powered down from the wall TV and virgin box for two hours after the call, it's now working as expected.  I hope this helps others.. 

Hi Scunner_2002,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm sorry to hear you had a similar issue, but pleased to hear you were able to get it resolved yourself.

If you need any further help, just give us a shout.

Thanks.

Beth