Menu
SLA5
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV remote help needed

I have a Sony Bravia TV and a V6 box.  The Virgin remote was paired to the TV.   Over a week ago I had an error code, which I can't remember.  I restarted the V6 box.  The volume control will not  work using either the television remote or the Virgin remote.

I have tried re-pairing the remote; tried following reprogamming the remote using the 4 codes through the help and settings screen and then the further 20 codes for Sony.  I have also tried using the 0999 and the channel up to try and search for the code and restarting the box.

I have called technical support twice with no success.  I was sent a new remote which made no difference.  Things are now worse as the remote won't even change the channel and I constantly have to try and re-pair the remote. 

I should be grateful for any suggestions

Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TV remote help needed

@SLA5 wrote:

I have a Sony Bravia TV and a V6 box.  The Virgin remote was paired to the TV.   Over a week ago I had an error code, which I can't remember.  I restarted the V6 box.  The volume control will not  work using either the television remote or the Virgin remote.

I have tried re-pairing the remote; tried following reprogamming the remote using the 4 codes through the help and settings screen and then the further 20 codes for Sony.  I have also tried using the 0999 and the channel up to try and search for the code and restarting the box.

I have called technical support twice with no success.  I was sent a new remote which made no difference.  Things are now worse as the remote won't even change the channel and I constantly have to try and re-pair the remote. 

I should be grateful for any suggestions

Thanks

If the volume isn’t responding when you use the TV remote either then there may be an issue with the TV set. However the first thing I would check for is stuck keys on the remotes. Take the TiVO remote into another room & then try the volume with the TV remote. If it still doesn’t work the fault is with the TV.

If you have a new TiVO remote this has to be paired with the V6 as well as the TV. Instructions for this are here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos