Menu
Pickard
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV box - on demand not working

We have been unable to watch on demand or catch up for over a week now. It doesn’t matter if it’s a tv show or movie, it just freezes. We’ve reset the box multiple times and tried the troubleshooting but to no avail.

I've tried calling but can’t get through to anybody. I spent over an hour on hold and was cut off before anybody answered. 

I’ve googled it and it sounds like our box is broken and we need a new one, but can’t get through to request one. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TV box - on demand not working

Are you watching using a 4K UHD TV?

Can you check your box's internet connection - Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pickard
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve checked the internet connection and it’s working fine. We are able to watch all live channels no problem, it’s just demand and catch-up that gets stuck and soon as you select one 

0 Kudos
lloyd36
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same problem with mine.
I phoned the help desk & finally got to speak to someone after nearly and hour.
To cut a long story short, an engineer is coming around to swap over the boxes.
Full details of my problems can be seen in my thread.
Hopefully this will solve whatever issue has caused the On Demand to stop working

Pickard
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Glad your issue is resolved

I finally managed to speak to somebody and they said it’s a faulty V6 TiVo box as we thought. They’ve sent a new one in the post so hopefully that fixes the issue.

They have emailed though to say they’ve added a new monthly Tivo charge to my bill which is unexpected as it’s a faulty box swop, not expecting to be charged more. That’s the next call when I can face another hour on hold...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Pickard wrote:

They have emailed though to say they’ve added a new monthly Tivo charge to my bill which is unexpected as it’s a faulty box swop, not expecting to be charged more. That’s the next call when I can face another hour on hold...

Are you sure there is actually an extra charge? VM have long had this "TiVo monthly charge" entry on bills, but I've never known it have an actual charge associated directly with it.

Has your overall bundle price changed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Pickard
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes they’ve increased my monthly charge by £8, I checked the breakdown on the attached invoice 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And this wasn't the result of a bundle discount or promo offer expiring?

0 Kudos
Pickard
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No it wasn’t. We are still within our deal. I will call them next week when I can face another saga of trying to get through 

0 Kudos