Menu
puffernutter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV Box

Hello all,

The box was accidentally tuned off this morning, now it won't turn on (and stay on!)

The symptoms are - power off for 20s. Turn on. White light for around 10s, TV says "Virgin Box is Ready", message disappears on screen, then dim red light. Waited 20 minutes and nothing happened.

Been through the telephone help - their view is that everything is OK. Except obviously it isn't!

What else do I try, it seems quite terminal!

How do I go about getting a new box ASAP?

Cheers

Peter

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TV Box

@puffernutter wrote:

The symptoms are - power off for 20s. Turn on. White light for around 10s, TV says "Virgin Box is Ready", message disappears on screen, then dim red light. Waited 20 minutes and nothing happened.

What's shown on your TV screen when this is happening? The V6 box does display a red light when it's in standby....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
puffernutter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am used to the red light and the white light - both have a good luminance - this red light is very dim and the power button (physical on the unit or via the remote) has no effect.

The screen shows "Welcome"

Cheers

Peter

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
puffernutter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's dead Jim!

It has been turned on for 2 hours and still shows "welcome" on the screen!

So how do I get a replacement quickly without spending my life hanging on the phone! 

Please?

Cheers

Peter

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@puffernutter wrote:

It's dead Jim!

It has been turned on for 2 hours and still shows "welcome" on the screen!

It does sound like it!

You probablty won't like the answer, but you're best to call in to report this. If there was a magic wand to avoiding the call queues, it wouldn't last very long with everyone waving it 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
puffernutter
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looks like I'll have to camp by the phone. Despite the website seeing to indicate you can "call an engineer" there is no way I can see of doing that.

0 Kudos