Menu
bobby197965
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV Box

Hi, 

I have two television boxes at home. One is an antique TiVo box, the other a V6 super-duper box. I would like another V6 super-duper box so that I have two equally super-duper boxes and would be marginally more happy. How do I get my hands on another V6 super-duper box?

Thanks!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TV Box

Hi bobby197965,

Have you thought about upgrading to the Ultimate Oomph package?  That has 2 V6 boxes as standard, plus an unlimited sim, unlimited landline calls, 500 MB broadband, also BT Sports HD including the UHD channel, Sky SportsHD  and Movies in HD.

You could also just ask the same department (regrades) if they can change your box without an additional fee

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
bobby197965
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The thing is though, I just want another V6 super-duper box to go with the one I already have. I already have TV channels coming out of my ears and if I sign up to a mobile deal as well it would feel like I had handed them my soul to abuse at their pleasure. Thanks for bringing this wallet emptying deal to my attention though. You should ask Richie for a job.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Dave is right - negotiating a new deal/contract for one that has 2 V6's is probably the only way at the moment.

VM occasionally have a "free upgrade" offer - but the last one ended in June and they don't happen very often and you have to be aware and move quick.

If you want to swap it they will charge you for it - details are on the VM website.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
bobby197965
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Swapping the antique TiVo box for a V6 super-duper box sounds like the best deal to me. I want to avoid more negotiations with them trying to squirt a million more crap channels into my life (quantity most definitely does not equal quality!). Where can I find information on the website about box swapping? Can anybody tell me how much it would cost to box swap? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You will need to call in and check, but the last time I looked it was a one-off payment of £99.95 and a £25 set-up fee plus £7.50 per month rental. That might be for just adding a second box though - rather than "swapping" from a Tivo for which they may waive some of that. Again - call in and see what they will offer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Taken from the shop/tv  page which was updated last month,  info when you scroll down to the bottom and click on TV

Virgin TV:

New customers: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any additional box.

Existing customers adding TV: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any additional box.

It looks like the box change may mean a new 18 month contract, so again I would look at regrading and seeing if you can get a cheaper price for your package. You can add an extra box to any bundle.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
bobby197965
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hahahaha! How much? You are kidding aren't you?

I think I'll pass.

I've been with them for seven years! If I was a new customer they would give me the most up to date equipment in a flash. But as reward for my loyalty I am left with an out of date box which takes five minutes to load a program on catch up or YouTube. 

Thanks for your help anyway. You people should be getting paid for doing Virgins customer service work for them.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you are not loyal. Loyalty doesn't exist
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Dave's post above implies that the policy has indeed changed recently and there is now no mention of those two charges and you can do a "quickstart" so no £30 should apply either - just the £5/mo extra charge. But call in to find out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos