Menu
TM7
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV Box shortage

Hello,

I ordered the bigger bundle a couple of weeks ago. The broadband was installed on 7th. The engineer said that the V6 box is unavailable at the moment. He told me that this will be resolved within the week. I haven't heard from anyone since then.  

Ive noticed a few other posts about this on the forum. Do I still pay if the TV service isn't operational? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gradyd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box shortage

I have the same problem.  Hub and telephone installed on 21 Nov.  Tried to contact VM on several occasions for the V6 issue.  Frustrating to say the least.  Has your issue been resolved

blueghostuk
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Best thing I can suggest is call up and threaten to cancel, despite the best efforts of staff on here nothing seemed to actual work until I did that.

The computer system does not allow self install of 2xV6 boxes - so would only allow an engineer appointment to plug in 2 boxes, so the member of staff on the phone changed us to a 1xV6 package, and will restore it once the first box is installed. The earliest engineer appointment to plug 2 boxes in was 16 December - it was already 3 weeks since we booked the original install.

Our first V6 box for self install was due today, but I already had a text to say its delayed till tomorrow “due to issues” outside our control.

All I can say is good luck, and be patient in a call queue.

0 Kudos
Gradyd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice.  Would be very interested to know when your V6 box arrives.  Seriously thinking of cancelling and going back to Sky.  Regretting leaving them and falling for the sales department pitch.  Was promised by engineer that he would try and get 1 box on 21st Nov but no contact from VM since then 

TM7
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem. Did you guys get the V6 box yet?
0 Kudos
Gradyd
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Our installation date was 21 Nov and we only had the hub and landline connected.  Waiting for 2 V6 boxes but no contact from VM despite lots of calls I have made for an update 

0 Kudos
Gradyd
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know we were left with no TV installation on 21 Nov and we are still waiting for Virgin to contact us and confirm when the V6 boxes will be installed.

0 Kudos
turbine
Superfast
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TV Box shortage

VM appear to have no V6 boxes available, as I have received several txt messages saying they don't know when it will be delivered.
0 Kudos
turbine
Superfast
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TV Box shortage

Update:
Received another txt message this afternoon stating that my parcel containing my replacement V6 would be delivered tonight.

This is to replace my second box that is a Tivo box.
0 Kudos
turbine
Superfast
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

New 2nd V6 Delivery/Activation

My new V6 box arrived finally tonight, Yodel were bang on time & the driver was very good.

Disconnect the old Tivo box, followed the setup instructions and switched on the TV.

It stopped downloading @33% but after pressing OK the box restarted and it sailed through the setup.

This took less than 30 mins. and all my Maxit channels are showing, as is my other V6 box.

This was surprising easy to carry out and I must congratulate and thank VM  for making this a simple job.