Menu
CHRISCAFC
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV Box faults

For months my TV box has got really hot -you can smell it. I keep getting pixilation and have to reset all the time. It also randomly resets itself when watching - goes blank and then the "Welcome" screen and reloading. Today it turned off for sometime and refused to restart - it felt extremely hot to the touch. After a few hours it started up.

I have tried to report it but can't get through on the telephone -I am on hold for ever. Can anyone (Virgin) help ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 TV Box faults

Virgin staff work their way through posts on here, but it can take a few days. There's a text message service, but it too can take several days and is not intended for faults reporting.

Unfortunately, calling and waiting in line will probably be the quickest way of getting faults logged promptly. I can only suggest trying at different times of day, perhaps soon after C/S opens at 8am if you're up for it!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CHRISCAFC
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still trying to get through !!

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi CHRISCAFC, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the set top box and we want to get this resolved for you. Can you confirm if you have managed to speak to the team regarding the box and what was advised? If not, please let us know so that further assistance can be provided? Chris

0 Kudos
CHRISCAFC
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi - had an engineer call and he added something to the back of the box to reduce input? He said he hoped that may fix it - it  hasn't. After he left the same issues occurred. The box keeps pixelating  and resetting itself/staying off. The Engineer said if this happened it must be a faulty box so would need replacing. I have tried to get through again on telephone but after hanging on for an hour I have to give up as you close early at the moment and I work most of the day. Can you help ? (i.e arrange new box). Thank you.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I will send you a private message so things can be looked into further - Chris 

CHRISCAFC
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7