Menu
gazzab1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV Box constantly rebooting

Hi,

My TV box has got stuck in a reboot cycle and won't get past the 'welcome page'.  Have tried rebooting it with no luck.  Have also tried to call Virgin but it appears to be impossible to actually report a fault or talk to a person.  Hoping someone can help.  Thanks 

CHRISCAFC
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TV Box constantly rebooting

Me too and I also can't get through on telephone. I shall be leaving very soon and back to Sky! Please post again if you find a way to get to a person.

gazzab1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So, I ended up texting 07533051809 - it's a virtual assistant but I replied 'Faulty TV box', and it tries to send you to the nightmarish support pages on the website, but if you reply no (it didn't answer my query) your text will be sent in to a queue.

I had to do this 3 days in a row before I got the answer I wanted, because I was at work for the first 2 days.  I've sent the text in the evening when I got home from work, and they have connected me in the morning (about 8am).  They will insist you are at home 'to perform live checks' although to be honest I could have answered all the questions without being anywhere near my house. 

I'm not holding my breath, but they have told me they've sent out a replacement box which should be with me in 2 to 3 days.

I hope this works (and I hope it helps)

Strongbow14
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same thing, really frustrating and compleltly fed up with it.

I managed to get through to the text number, they told me a new tv box would be delivered yesterday, and email to confirm. Received neither and now can't talk to anyone again.

I thought one-off the virgin team on here might feel like helping, but doesn't seem like want to reply to my post on here l.

0 Kudos
gazzab1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My replacement box turned up today, the next day after they said they'd send it.  So my problem is solved.

I guess it depends on who you get through to.