Menu
jscter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV Box Continually rebooting and continuous orange light - will not start

All,

Been without TV for past 4 weeks  V6 Box really hot and keeps rebooting/downloading software/ rebooting downloading software in a cycle with the power light light showing orange instead of red.

So no channels nothing.

Have disconnected the power, reconnected the power same issue.

Have unplugged the V6 box overnight to allow it to cool down and replugged in  in the morning but still goes into the reboot/software download cycle with orange light... any suggestions greatly appreciated.  

thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 TV Box Continually rebooting and continuous orange light - will not start

Report the issue by calling 150 from a VM landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.  Calling at 8am on weekdays seems to be best.

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425... 

Or you can wait for one of the forum team to get to this thread, which usually also takes a few days.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TV Box Continually rebooting and continuous orange light - will not start

Thank you for the post Jscter and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've been able to resolve this since your post?

If not, can we please confirm if you've already checked all the cables running from the V6, Hub and TV are all securely inserted and showing no signs of damage? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
jscter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

still same

constantly rebooting, orange light flashing on front panel and presenting the welcome screen  then rebooting again every minute or so.
All cables, connections to the V6 box and tv are 100% good and free from damage so definitely problem with the box.

Despite trying to contact virgin on 150, text and the bot. i have been unable to  Get a response from anyone apart from here so thanks for responding as I’m still getting billed for a tv service which I cannot use and cannot contact anyone to get the billing to stop apart from cancelling my direct debit if this can’t be resolved.

im fine even if virgin want to send me out a new box and return the old one. As a ex telecoms engineer pretty sure the box has tried to do a software update weeks ago and     Failed to implement hence the constant rebooting. Also the device is unusually hot. 
thanks

john

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jscter,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your rebooting V6 box, I am aware you lasted posted about this back on the 28th Sept but just in case you're still encountering this issue I'll just run over what I have found.

I've looked on our fault checker and can see there is an SNR outage on your Broadband and TV at the moment, but this has an estimated fix date for today (6th October) which will be causing some issues. Once this ticket has been resolved and if you're still having issues with your V6 please let us know and we can look into it further. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
jscter
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My v6 box is broke for the past 10 week+
you keep billing me for a tv service which I am not receiving.

i have contacted virgin via messaging via app, via 150 and still nothing resolved. I have formally lodged a complaint and even that was not responded to within the guaranteed standards. 
I just need virgin to replace my tv6 box which is constantly rebooting and flashing orange leds. It is well documented on here that this is a common fault and the solution is box replacement. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jscter,

I'm sorry for the late reply,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you were able to arrange an engineer visit.

Can you please advise if the TV issues have no been resolved? 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
jscter
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi TV issue all resolved. BOX Replaced.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos