Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Strange W02 Error when Attemping Streaming

Hi,

V6 Strange W02 Error when Attemping Streaming

Please watch: Youtube video to the end only 1:34

https://youtu.be/wXGIufywBno

Internet on PC and Mobile phones seems fine, but on V6 get W02 Error then after it may start to stream or it may get error Show Temp Unavailablew02.png

w02.png

As I said Internet seems fine.  Been going on for at least 3 weeks.  Ran the Service Status test the other day got error about problem in my area, same as what Customer Support said 7 days ago.

Ran the test today says cannot connect to V6 now. Ran out of tests so not able to do another for 24 hours.

I have restarted it, reset the hub to factory settings. I am not willing to factory reset the V6 is 80% full and I have not watched any of it.

Also reset the wifi, used WPS and manually inputting thr SSID and PW

Hub is in Mode modem - with my router as Hub performance wifi and with lots of connections slowed down.

I cannot use CAT5 cable as is impracticable. Using 2.4Ghz.  This set up worked fine for 5 months.

Please someone help...

*Also is it possible to force a re-install of the newest firmware and Tivo software?

ed 

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Strange W02 Error when Attemping Streaming

Can you at least try it with a cable and see if it works? Also check the White Coaxial cable is definitely secure. W02 indicates no connection to the internet or VM services.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
ed2o9
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Strange W02 Error when Attemping Streaming

Hi,

THX for fast reply…

I have ordered a cable that is long enough to reach to do the test but it will not be here for a few days.

I forgot to mention, Sky Movies streams work fine as does virgin exclusives and bbc iplayer.

Netflix gets occasional error on the library screen not while playing, prime video a little slower but still works.

It’s the other channels streaming problematic, mostly channel 4 and 5. But some others as well I have not tried all of them.

Is there no way to re-install the Tivo software and v6 firmware with deleting the recordings?  On Sky I could in an engineer menu you had to press 0 0 1 enter on the settings and you got into all these options?

There is a reported problem in my area but for 4 weeks? Yes covid19 must be having an impact but still 4 weeks?

I am not 100% sure that the problem is external although it might be, that’s why I want to try and reinstall software and f/w.

thx

0 Kudos