cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Sound drops randomly

mattt586
Tuning in

Hi,

I've had my v6 for 12 months now and im still suffering with this stupid sound dropping issue and nobody sorts it. I've been offered a new box but tht would be my THIRD one. ts not a faulty v6 its a fault with ALL v6's looking at all the posts on this issue.

I have paid over £1200 for the last 12 months TV and had to put up with this issue. How is that acceptable? I'm sure SKY don't have this issue. As EVERY other device I plug into my TV works a treat.

I can now leave to go to Sky now if I want. It may cost me more but it might be worth it if you are never going to fix this issue!. Also they have plenty of HD films available and virgins line up is a joke. I find myself streaming online more as they are better quality!!!.

Are you going to address this issue or not???

TRIED ALL THE USUAL, NEW CABLES ETC. ITS 100% THE BOX AND TRIED 2 BOXES!!

Thanks

Matt

92 REPLIES 92

Hi Joe_F,

Forgive me my scepticism, but we have been told numerous times before that Virgin are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it. The problem is as old as the V6 box and is still there almost every day. It seems to me that either the V6 box has a fundamental hardware fault or the firmware has a major bug, otherwise I am sure this could have been resolved before now.

Anyway, hopefully you are right and there is finally light (or sound) at the end of the tunnel!

Tony B

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello tboman

When are you having the audio drop outs, its all the time or at a specific time?

Thanks Joe_F

robamacs
On our wavelength

Any time of the day and night, randomly spaced on any channel, HD or normal.

Was watching Aussie Gold Hunters last night on Quest HD and no issues until arounf 9.10pm, then two sound dropouts within 20-30 seconds of each other.

Didnt notice any more, as I switched from the crappy V6 Virgin box and watched it on Freeview HD through the TV.

Can you tell I'm very unimpressed yet?

robamacs
On our wavelength

FYI, this issue ironically will null and void my contract, as it is an historical issue that you know about, but was never brought to my attention before or during the installation, so you service is actually 'not fit for purpose'.

@Joe_F, Completely random times and channels. Think I have only seen it on HD channels, but to be honest I rarely watch any SD channels!

I would say it tends to occur more in the evening and particularly effects Dolby Digital output, such as Sky Cinema channels. The dropout is very short, just enough for the AV amp display to show the signal drop and a brief gap in sound. Normally lose just a word of dialogue, but this can be very annoying depending when heard, or rather not heard!!

I will preempt the questions I always get by saying, yes I have tried different HDMI cables, all AV amp ports I have tested are HDCP 2.2 compatible and all other 4K HDCP 2.2 sources into the AV amp do not have any problems. The AV amp has been upgraded during the life of the problem and the problem has been seen on both. Basically just saying don’t blame customers AV setups.

Regards,

Tony B

robamacs
On our wavelength

You are expariencing the exact issue that I am. When the sound dips, the DTS system info on the display flickers for a split second, and you loose the sound output.

Good to know that I'm not the only one then with this exact problem....whats more annoying is that I was sold this package and told 'you have the very latest V6 box...blah, blah, blah, blah'. Which is obviously a load bully shizzer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on you Virgin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Telling big fat porky pies to customers.

robamacs
On our wavelength

This is for Joe, the moderator.

I cant send a private message, as im being told I have reached my maximum number of messages....this just gets better.

Could you just enlighten me with something.

I am paying £99 per month and as far as I know, I am on the very top package.

If that is the case, why cant I watch some programs online?

Ive just logged in to watch the following:

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/movies-and-series/vod-asset.html/crid%3A~~2F~~2Fog.libertyglob...

But I cant watch it, it has a big red UPGRADE button on the page, and says: 'If you’d like to watch this programme, please call us on 0800 052 0701 to upgrade your Virgin TV package.'

I'm very very confused and annoyed regarding everything thats going on. How can I upgrade, I'm on the highest package????

robamacs
On our wavelength

FYI everybody, this is the response you will get from your engineer regarding the sound issue.....

Me: Well I have tried every combination of HDMI cables. Into box, into TV, sound via optical....etc....ect...ect....sound glitch still persists.

Virgin Engineer Reply: There is nothing wrong with the box, so I'm not prepared to change it (please be aware, this engineer must be psychic as he didnt even touch the V6 box), YOU'LL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE SOUND ISSUE. It's just one of those things...

wth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now  to top it all, ALL of my Virgin services started playing up around 5pm yesterday. Got up this morning with a net connection, but tested WIFI and have the grand speed on my 500meg line of 4mb WIFI speed using Ookla. Ultimate Oomph bundle mt ass. I'm sick of this company.

Ironically the Virgin website tells me 'Nothing is wrong', as did the bloke siting in another continent who I got throug to last night, who just kept telling me to 'reboot' a router that just keeps going down by itself.

So if you have a sound issue, your on your own. If you have a connection issue, you on your own.

I personally will be e-mailing the BBC Watchdog program as soon as I have composed this e-mail, as i dont expect to pay £99 for this crap service.

The V6 box is nearly 3 years old now and my feeling is that this problem will not be resolved until a next generation box is released by Virgin. I think there is a fundamental hardware or firmware fault with the V6 box and Virgin have no idea how to fix it.

robamacs
On our wavelength

If that is the case then be honest about it.

I purchased my revised Virgin Bundle and the BS told me that I was getting 'the very latest V6 box etc...'

I only used them for my net connection before, but as they keep having my pants down by giving the old 'nobody likes the price to go up...blah, blah,blah', and they wanted to put my price up to £47.50, for just a net connection in September, I went for the Ultimate Oomph bundle.

What a mistaka to maka!!!!!!!

I have tv I struggle to watch because of a noise glitch, I now have a WIFI speed of 4mb, and as of last night I couldnt watch most of the tv channels on Virgin, as the picture was just pixeleated.

So I'm now paying £99 per month to watch Freeview HD, on my normal TV, through a TV aerial.

I must have the word 'MUG' written accross my forehead that only Virgin employees can see!!